1) Specific C2C terrain training
2) Specific back to back brick sessions
3) Course familiarisation
4) Gain knowledge from others
Dates: This training camp will be held on the 8-9-10th January 2010
Cost: the cost of this training camp is $300. If team athletes want to partake in individual training sessions on the different days such as only do the paddle on Sunday the cost of this is $150.
Numbers: This training camp is limited to 7 athletes. This will be handled on a first in first served basis and athletes already signed up as EPC athletes will be given a place over non-EPC athletes. However non-EPC athletes are more than welcome to attend the camp. A $75 (25% of camp cost) none refundable fee is require within a week of registering to secure a spot on the camp.
This camp will be based from Klondyke Corner just out of Arthurs Pass. This training camp will differ slightly to that of the Peak 2 Peak and Mountain 2 Mountain in that we will be camping at a DOC camp site with tents and meals being the responsibility of the individual.
The training camp will be held over 2 ½ days. See camp outline below.
Coast to Coast training camp 2009
- Arrive at Klondyke corner at 3pm
- Evening rock running session approx 1hour
- Mt run briefing and gear prep discussion
- Coast to Coast nutrition planning
- Early start – drive to Kumara beach
Run 3km --> 55km road bike
- This section will be completed in 2hours30min
- Focus of this session is on developing bunch riding skills
33km Mt run
- This section will be run at a pace that takes 5hours30min to complete
- Focus of this session is on course familiarisation and rock running skills
- Evening will be spent chilling out a relaxing
- River briefing and gear preparation discussion
- Coast to Coast transition planning
- Early start
- 15km cycle to start of kayak section
- 67km Grade two kayak down the Waimac river
- This section will be completed in 5hours30min –depending on river follows
- Focus is on developing river skills, course fimiliarisation and race tactics
Athlete’s responsibilities for training camp
- This is NOT a guided trip it is a training camp.
- All athletes are to have the following level of competency for the safety of themselves and the other on the camp
- Be able to confidently ride in a bunch at 30km+ speeds
- Be comfortable running over rough terrain for prolonged periods of time
- Have a Grade 2 certificate and confidently paddle grade 2 water in their race boat
- Athletes need to bring all required safety gear as outlined in the Coast to Coast rules for each stage of the race.
- If athletes are lacking specific safety gear they may not be allowed to complete the training session.
Out on the river in the 2009 training camp
- Between every two athletes one driver will be required to transport cars, kayaks and bikes to different parts of the course. This is vital for the smooth running of the camp.
Exponential Performance Coaching reserves the right to cancel activities on the training camp, postpone or cancel the training camp if there is a safety issue such as adverse weather conditions, high river follows or athlete inexperience.
If you have any questions let me know