Mathew Snowden, 21 years old
Mat Spent 3 years in Auckland when he was young but was pretty much born and bred in Taranaki.
He attended NPBHS where he competed in various codes of sport -Soccer, Volleyball, Adventure Racing, Athletics and Cross Country. He gained Tiger Jackets (colours) in all of those areas and made the honors board in Athletics and Volleyball.
The love of the outdoors got him in to endurance racing with the coast to coast the initial attraction.Mat has the Lake to lighthouse, Coast to Coast two day and Goldrush lined up this season and is looking in good shape to place well in these events.
Matt flying through the C2C mt run, 2009
- NPBHS 1st in Arrow 6 Hour Adventure Race Auckland
- NPBHS, NPGHS Winners of the Sir Edmond Hillary ChallengeFive Day Event
- NPBHS, NPGHS 26th in the ARC 12 Hour
- 4th in the Lactic turkey off road half marathon, Auckland
- 2nd in Team Round the Mountain Cycle Challenge
- 7th Rangatiki River Race
- 11th Two Day Individual Coast to Coast
- 7th Mountain to Mountain
'I enjoy EPC because Matty is very knowledgeable about multisport and what is involved to do well. Also the people I have met thus far as made it an enjoyable experience.'
Matt climbing up Snowpark road at the EPC M2M training camp 2009