Thursday, November 12, 2009

Last fortnights athlete profile

Bruce Ranga, 45 years old
Bruce was born in Auckland and has lived in Dunedin for 20 odd years now. Bruce is married to Debs and has four kids, Luke, Wade, Bronson and Chelsey who are his number one Support crew & inspiration to get him through when the pain kicks in. Bruce played mainly team sports in the past, rugby League, soccer, basketball, motorbke Enduros.
Following a motor bike crash a few years ago where he damaged his shoulder Bruce decided he wanted to have a go at a real sport, so took up multisport with the Coast to Coast in mind.
“I had never been in a kayak or on a road bike, or run further than 10kms in my life, so I knew expert training & advice was going to be key in helping me reach my goal, that’s where Matty came in."
“I really enjoy training with EPC. I have met some great people & improved my sports performance, bring on the next challenge (the one day Coast to Coast).”
Past results
2009
Mountain 2 Mountain, 3rd vet men’s.
Peak 2 Peak, 4th vet men’s
Lake Hayes triathlon 1st vet men’s
Ghost 2 Ghost, 3rd vet men’s
Waitri, 2nd vet men’s
Coast 2 Coast 2 day individual, 8th vet men’s
2008
Mountain 2 Mountain, 6th men’s
Peak 2 Peak, 4th vet men’s
Bruce is currently training hard for the one day coast 2 coast 2010 and the 3 day Gold rush multisport race in 2010.
With a lot of drive and focus Bruce is continually improving his performance in all of his disciplines and is well on his way to achieving his next goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment